Saturday, January 14, 2012
The fans are brush-less but not spark proof. Sounds scary right. Not really, unless you are using rattle cans or spraying straight alcohol the fuel/air ratio is to low for anything to ignite. Also I use a mix of water, flow aid and matte media to thin my paints. None of the products are flammable. I do not show the exhaust tube and shroud in the pictures but really they are not needed. No matter what anyone tells you or how well you vent it DO NOT USE RATTLE CAN PAINT IN THE BOOTH!!! 2 reason 1) it can ignite and loosing ones eyebrows or house is never a good hobby sacrifice. 2) the propellant will kill the fans by eating through the varnish on the motor windings causing them to spark and then see reason number 1.
The entire thing was built form scraps from other projects so cost was nothing but if I had to add a price it could be copied for $20-40 depending on the fan selection and filter price.
Enough typing, on to the photos.