Saturday, April 16, 2011

Tau Air Command - why magnets don't always work.

Got the second Remora assembled and ready for paint. I did hit a snag though. Turns out magnetizing them to their stands was a waste. Since I was using such a small contact point it was easy to knock the model off during normal movement. To correct this I ended up drilling a 3/16" hole in the bottom of each one and mointing them on metal rods. At first I was going to use clear plastic ones but went against it after dropping the rod and a piece broke off of one end. With the metal it should not be a problem. I also switched to one of my heavier resin 60mm bases. The lighter base felt "tippy" and that could mean trouble down the line.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts with Thumbnails