Thursday, February 24, 2011

Terrain Project - Got to love toy store finds

With Adepticon quickly approaching I need to build a display board. The problem is I was stumped for an idea. I could do another simple one like the magnetic one but I wanted something a little more unique. While shopping for some stuff at Target I went through the toy department and came across this. The Tech Deck Street Tour Love Park set. This thing blew me away. It is the perfect scale and has all the little details that make it the best base for a larger project.

Out of the box it looks great. It is made from a heavy weight plastic and it modular so it will attach to the other Tech Deck sets. The seams are tight and with a couple of exceptions not noticeable. The cement areas have a slight texture to them and there are worn areas that look natural. The steps are wide and easily fit 60mm bases without tipping. The pylons at the top are the perfect height for troop sized figs to stand behind.






Now for the numbers. The piece is roughly 16 inches wide, 13.5 inches deep and 2 inches at the highest wall.




For more details and additional looks at the piece check out my YouTube page: http://www.youtube.com/lathanm














1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails