Thursday, May 13, 2010

Fold Away Table part 3 - The Plan

I finally got some time to draw up the plans for the game table I built. The plans are just a guideline and not a finished set of working plans. For those that don't understand what I am talking about here is the quick rundown. Lumber is sold in different dimensions, 2x4 ,1x3, 10x2. Those numbers are not the actual sizes of the lumber you are buying. A 2x4 is not 2 inches by 4 inches it is actually 1/4 inch smaller. With this in mind adjust your cuts accordingly. Also I don't include any of the hardware for building the table. So things like angle brackets, hinges and  wheels are not shown in the diagrams. What is there is enough information so you can build your own version of the table. Like most projects this is where your on creativity comes in. At 36 inches tall it is a little short so making it 38 or more would be one thing to change. The same thing with the joints on the various parts. They are all shown as butt joints. These are pretty weak and can easily be changed to stronger joint depending on your woodworking skill level and tools.

So now you have a guideline lets see some tables.


If you are really serious about building one I do have the Visio files for the design. Just post a comment and let me know if you want me to post them as well.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that's pretty snazzy. I'd love a copy of the plans if they're available...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails